I have had a livejournal for years, and I’ve been sporadically writing in this blog since March but I have never received a blog award. Until now. It is even more exciting because I received the award from my friend Gina, a fellow SLP and August mommy.
Now I am supposed to list 7 things about myself before I pass the award on to others. Here goes:
1. I love cats, but there is a cat in heat in my neighborhood and it seems to think that hanging from and scratching my window screens is a good idea. I hate this cat and I wish Ralph G. Macchio was here to deal with him.
2. If you google Ralph G. Macchio you see that I successfully John C. Mayer’d him. I am perhaps a bit too proud of this but I was (and still remain) a proud Ralph G. Macchio fan.
3. While googling Ralph G. Macchio I decided to google myself. (Haha that sounds naughty.) I had forgotten that I had given a professor permission to use a piece of my writing from her class in her book. The title of my work was, “Confessions of a Blog Addict,” which seems appropriate. I doubt you want to order it but here it is, and you can see my name to show I’m not only versatile but truthful. (Much like Ralph G.Macchio.)
4. I bought a new truck yesterday. I’m very excited and I love it but big purchases always make me nervous.
5. I can’t stop myself from sucking my bottom lip as I fall asleep…apparently I have an oral fixation. As a child my mom tried to break me of the habit but she was not successful as I suck my lip to this day.
6. I’m glad wordpress keeps blog stats of visits because if I only looked at my comments I would think nobody was reading this, except maybe Gina and my husband. I *puffy heart* love comments so please feel free to leave me one, or two or as many as you feel like writing.
7. My husband and I plan to be snowbirds and escape for at least part of the cold Saskatchewan winters for sunny Mexico when we retire. My husband is Mexican and we are fortunate that we already have a home in Acapulco. Mmm Mexico, I wish I was retired already.
Now to share the award love…may I have the envelope please.
A fellow livejournal survivor aperfectpisces
The beautiful, talented and tech savvy creehawk
A crazy brunette chick who drops an f bomb like no other
To my Aunt Becky, visionary who inspired me to John C. Mayer Ralph G. Macchio
To fellow SLPeeps (Bob who coined the term and Kristin)
I’m going to stop at 5 because I’m not good with rules. Enjoy your awards *throws confetti* Well, I just lost my blogger award virginity. Yay. I hope you all respect me in the morning.